a woman's quest to finally get her life in check

Thursday, August 12, 2010

and again on the third

so it's day 3 and I feel great!
I wasn't ready when Craig left the house - I went out on the porch to say good bye and noticed what a beautiful day it was. It made me so happy that I made myself a cup of coffee, grabbed the latest book I've been working on for let's just say a year (oy) and sat on the porch to read. I have to say, it was the first time in well over a year that I felt in control of my life. I wasn't taken over by the mesmerizing TV or the comfy couch....no...I was in control of my day and my life. I read, I had breakfast, I brought out my computer and did job searches. It was fantastic.
I didn't go out for a run. I made that choice on the porch. It wasn't because I had been lounging on the couch, or fell asleep for hours, or I was sucked in by 3 episodes of Desperate Housewives followed by 3 episodes of Grey's Anatomy. No. I made the conscious decision that today I was not going to run, I would do all of my other exercises but not run. There. I made a decision and stuck to it and more so, felt good about it.
I ready until lunch time. Made myself a great and healthy sandwich then decided to work out.

100 situps
40 ab rollers
40 rows on the cables
40 tricep rows on the cables
20 pushups on the cables
30 squats on the cables
3 sets of 10 bicep curls with 8lb weight
3 sets of 10 kick backs with 8lb weight
3 sets of 10 bridges with leg pull in on cables
played with 3lb pilates ball while watching afternoon TV

Best day yet!

1 comment:

  1. Oooh you're SO good - it makes me happy and inspired to follow you... keep it up lady!!

    ReplyDelete