So I haven't been writing on the blog recently but I have been making changes to my lifestyle.
I go to Yoga and Pilates classes and try to do weight lifting. It's hard to do it on my own since I don't always know what I'm doing and Craig can't be there with me because it's the high season in his company and he comes home super late.
But I'm proud of myself. I try to eat right and always check the nutritional values of what I'm about to eat.
I haven't gone bike riding in about 2-3 weeks but when I did go, I always did 6.2 miles! That's impressive, I think.
Still weigh 150 pounds.
This month has been very busy; I was working 3 days a week, Craig and I both had birthdays and we had lots of visitors every weekend...which means we ate and drank a lot and took a lot of pictures. In looking through the pictures, I can't help but think really bad thoughts about myself. I'm actually pretty shocked that I weigh only 150 pounds. I look huge. I know it's not good to talk like that....but it's true. I know my body. I am little, only 5'1'' (there I said it, I usually add several inches!!!) and have a small frame. But recently, actually probably since I started going out with Craig, I just keep gaining and gaining.
I'm 27 and supposedly in my prime.
It's time to act like it.
Things to do:
Get my life in shape
How:
Being good to my body
Living in a organized and stress-free home
Connecting with the ones I love
Being true to myself
Finding a job that will make me shine
It's true, this can't be about my weight and only my weight. I have been depressed since we moved to NJ a year ago and everything went downhill from there. We left our families and friends, our support network, our jobs, everything that was familiar and safe. It was an adventure. And it has been. Luckily Craig and I are amazing together so we have each other to get through this adventure. It's hard when he is the only one that has a job. He comes home exhausted and I am full of energy because I have someone to play with. So it's time for me to change my lifestyle drastically. I can't keep locking myself in the house because I have nowhere to go and no one to see. I need to get out of the house and live my life for me and for my future. Let's go.
That might need to be my new motto.
LET'S GO!
no more being afraid, no more uncertainty, no more depression, no more excuses and no more failure. Time to take charge of my own life. I am the one in control of me so I should act like it.
(can you tell I've been watching Loosing It With Jillian Micheals?!?!?!?!)
LET'S GO
it's 9am and I am going to the gym. a little cardio and a pilates class. then i am taking the day head on and making it my own
Let's GO!!! You Go girl - I'm so proud of you for putting this all out there and letting the motivation run through your veins.
ReplyDeleteIt's a great motto. You know it's funny I always say that to the puppy while we're running - it was at first my signal to get her attention when she'd stop to smell something or slow down too much but now it's equally for me as it is for her. If I find myself dragging ass for no good reason I'll say firmly "Let's Go!" to her but really I'm the one who kicks it up.
Let's go - let's kill this together. :)